• One-third of high school graduates never read another book for the rest of their lives.
• 42 percent of college graduates never read another book after college.
• 80 percent of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year.
• 70 percent of U.S. adults have not been in a bookstore in the last five years.
• 57 percent of new books are not read to completion.
I mean, yeah, I buy books and then not read them for awhile, but only because they are pretty in-depth books and they're a little hard to get through. But still, I hope I am raising children who love to read, because if they didn't, I would be even sadder.